Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We've begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Sernior Digital and Media Officer
1 (one) position, based in Jakarta CO
Reporting to Media and Brand Manager and working across the organization, Senior Media and Digital Officer’s main remit is to plan and execute the organization’s digital branding and communication efforts include creating content and engaging materials and experiences to generate interest from potential community or media and help retain existing brand value of Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik partner of Save the children.
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and in line with our theory of change, YSTC aims to be a credible and powerful voice for children; because of this and in support of the marketing/fundraising element of our strategy, we know that brand enhancement, compelling communications and media engagement is critical to Save the Children’s success. We have to manage all communication products across the organization including creating excitement around new program launches, and beneficiary feedback and managing issue resolution.
Senior Digital and Media Officer coordinator will work with teams across the organisation to use the media and digital platform to enhance our brand value, advice the organisation of best practice and to become the voice for children in Indonesia. He/She will review analytics and liaise with relevant teams to see how engagement could be increased and monitor the effects of any changes. He/she will support to ensure that our brand activation plan and execution is cohesive and effective.
The post-holder will work with external agencies or communities (if needed) and other teams (fundraising/advocacy campaigns) to help create compelling activities. The post-holder will advise these teams on how to best share their messages across various platforms using their expertise. The Senior Digital and Media Officer will implement digital communication campaign strategies that are ambitious, creative and coordinate the delivery of these strategies in a collaborative manner.
Level 3 - the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Media and Brand Manager
Number of direct reports:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Strategic Digital Implementation
• To support on implementation of communications strategies that meet the organisation’s needs, strategic priorities, and fit with its business plans.
- To contribute to the internal communications planning and delivery in support of delivery of the strategic plan and Ambition 2030.
- Support the implementation of branding activation strategy to increase public support and engagement.
- To be the steward of the organization’s digital platforms, including but not limited to website, social media and self-hosted platforms, and to continuously employ them strategically to deliver the overall implementations of the communication and branding strategy.
- Ensure the usage of correct organization’s brand on multi digital channels
- Strive to improve the visibility of brand value, community or volunteer and content by ensuring it is optimised for media coverage and that it is regularly updated with rich, compelling content and activities.
- Support and execute the department’s annual planning including public events, supervise event organizers / third parties and work with internal team and relevant internal stakeholders / teams (e.g fundraising, campaign, HR) in ensuring timely delivery of each project / content output.
- Support the brand growth trajectory in the 3-years Brand and Communication strategy to reach 5 times of the 2018 level.
- Support the objective to be the voice of the children we work with in Indonesia through the use of national media.
- Help to support in managing and coordinating media relations to support the media implementation strategy in pitching opportunities.
- Support to garner and harness the whole media interest to contribute to the objectives of our fundraising, campaign, and advocacy.
- Liaise with, and coordinate media interviews and other opportunities for the organization’s spokespersons.
- Be on standby to operate as a reserve spokesperson where there is no one else available.
- Support the administrative and logistics media engagement activities
- Play an active role in monitoring the issue in the media both mainstream and social ones.
Supporting other departments
- Work with communications and fundraising (digital and otherwise) colleagues throughout the organisation to ensure they have the necessary skills, training, tools and resources to create compelling content, sharing knowledge and building capacity where needed.
- Supporting the implementation of national integrated campaign strategy, especially those related to public engagement.
- Working together with program, advocacy and global campaign coordinator to strengthen YSTC presence through brand activation.
- Working together with marketing/fundraising teams to support the fundraising campaign through various activity with community and brand activation related program.
· Support the implementation of internal communication strategy
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven in-depth digital brand experience
- The candidate at least has bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, journalism.
- At least five years experiences working in marketing, brand, communication sector
- Ability to design digital content for various digital channels and platforms
- Have passion for community management and be seen as an enabler across the organisation
- Analytical acumen, team player, paired with agile mindset and “can do” attitude.
- Has an open mindset towards, embraces and continuously initiates and implements change.
- Has good experience in managing content in multiple platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop and build strong relationships with people throughout the organisation.
- Highly organised, methodical and have excellent attention to detail
- Positive, energetic and have the tenacity to see solutions successfully through to implementation
- Able to work within a team but also have the confidence and ability to take ownership of issues and solutions
- Experience of working with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Expert at managing own workload and prioritising tasks with competing deadlines
- Having good knowledge in community management
- Knowledge of strategic planning and processes for brand management and creative development, including research tools and evaluation of results, especially as related to “integrated Communication Planning”
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options and the media role in integrated communication.
- Experience of working in the Not-for-Profit sector would be advantageous
- Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on:
Click here for external candidate
Click here for internal candidate
Closing date for application is up to November 19th, 2019
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir