Provincial Manager - BISA Project
2 (Two) positions based in West Java & East Nusa Tenggara
ROLE PURPOSE :
BISA – Better Investment for Stunting Alleviation ¬– is an integrated nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programme in 2019-2023. The name ‘BISA’ reflects the broad context of nutrition in Indonesia: whilst the level of national and political commitment is high, and resources have been committed to addressing the high rates of stunting and undernutrition, the operationalisation and application of these plans and funds at sub national level is challenging. What is needed is ‘better investment’: using resources better, developing and operationalising policies more effectively, and delivering evidence-based, cost-effective, and sustainable interventions at the household and community levels. BISA aims to reduce stunting by improving the nutritional status of adolescent girls, women of reproductive age, and children under the age of two (CU2) across two Provinces –East Nusa Tenggara and West Java.
Save the Children and Nutrition International are in strategic partnership to deliver this programme, building on our experience and evidence, existing networks and relationships at the community, District, Provincial, and National levels in Indonesia to implement key intervention for the first 1000 Day HH as well as adolescent nutrition. BISA supports the Government of Indonesia (GoI) commitments for stunting reduction, as stated in National Strategy to Accelerate Stunting Reduction 2018-2024, as well as the follow up guidelines (Technical Guidance for Integrated Interventions for Stunting Reduction for district down to village level).
The Provincial Manager will lead BISA operation in targeted province and provide TA to provincial and district level implementation. This will include ensuring programme activities are implemented according to the plan and will be responsible for budget management. Provincial Manager will be responsible for ensuring gender integration in implementation. S/he will lead communication and coordination with CoP and ensure coordination with government counterparts and other stakeholders, responsible for networking, sharing and learning at district and provincial level.
Working with the CoP and SMT team, the post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organisation are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Member Accountability Framework and Minimum Performance Standards for Associate Membership.
The post holder will contribute on achievement of the global KPIs on Operations Delivery, and contribute to achievement of global KPI’ as follows:
- Financial performance against forecast (BVA) (KPI01)
- Underspend on FS Commitment (KPI02)
- NCE Proportion (KPI03)
- Supply Chain Efficiency (KPI04)
- Purchasing Efficiency (KPI05)
- Contribute to Awards Management
- Awards close out actions completed on time (KPI09)
- On-time reporting (Member) and quality of reporting (MI06)
- On-time reporting (Donor) and outstanding reports (MI07)
· Contribute to compliance to security standard (KPI12)
· Road safety indicator (MI15)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (S1) / Master degree preferred on Public health, nutrition, health development, or equivalent in relevant fields.
- Minimum 7 years working experience with Government and non-Government organizations (preferably INGO) in the area of nutrition and health, specifically around maternal nutrition, infant and young child feeding.
- Proven skills on project cycle management, community development and mobilization and working closely with key stakeholders, especially local government.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Ability in problem solving, show initiative/being pro-active, passions to project, and work independently.
- Respond to requests, queries in timely manner
- Good information sharing/communication skills
- Attention to detail, particularly with regards to expense transactions and financial reporting.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Have experiences working in West Java and NTT.\
- Have experiences work in program that address stunting, specifically on maternal nutrition, infant and young child feeding.
- Home based at West Java / NTT province, speaking local language is an added value.
To apply for this position, please click the link :
Here (West Java)
Here (East Nusa Tenggara)
Closing date for application is up to May 30th , 2019
Please visit our site for more detail: