PROJECT COORDINATOR (GOOGLE PROJECT)
1 (one) position, based in Jakarta
The Project Coordinator role is accountable for effective delivery of the Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik (YSTC) humanitarian response in their operational area. She/he will support Project Director for day to day project management and working closely with o support services funcs included Logistic , Human Resource , MEAL and Finance to ensuring the program team have sufficient support to deliver project implementation timely and met the quality.
The post-holder will be based in Country Office – Jakarta and assit the project Director to ensure that all relevant Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are in place. Together woth Project Director , The post holder will play a strategic role in the effective project management and strengthening the network within DRR stakeholders
In the event of a further humanitarian emergencies or developments, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Staff reporting to this post:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for prviding management support to project Director to the delivery of the ‘Google for Disaster Resilient Cities and Communities’ project and achievement of the project’s goal and objectives. The project aims to improve national and local disaster preparedness by: supporting increased national awareness and planning on preparedness, ensuring primary school children in specific high risk provinces are safer and better prepared for disasters and encouraging children and youth participation in government planning to increase public investment and reduce the risks faced by children.
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the global KPIs on:
- Operations Delivery
- Awards management
- Risks and financial management
- Program quality
- Global Management Indicators
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1.1 Project Planning
- With guidance from Project Director, initiate planning for project (Operational Planning, Budgeting).
- Participating in developing project proposals and project documentation .
- Assist Project Director to develop workplan with partners if necessary
1.2 Project Implementation
- Coordinate with the team and partner to conduct capacity building trainings .
- Supporting the Senior Project team in all aspects of the programme implementation and development as requested.
- Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings) .
- Undertake other program administration tasks as and when necessary .
- Ensure transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation
1.3 Reporting and Monitoring
- Assits Project Director in preparing project resport/update .
- Be responsible for monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
- Supervising and recording project activities expenditure against budget
- Participate in Project review
- Provide technical support to project team and partners when necessary.
- Identifying training needs of partners and beneficiaries in the context of the project.
- Contribute in developing operating tools for project interventions.
- Assist in reviewing and redesigning intervention in consultation with the Project manager and partners and in response to evolving needs of target groups.
- Compile /document lessons learnt and intervention model
3.1 Internal Communications
- Prepare and participate in periodical meetings .
- Provide the Communications officer with contacts for database (donors, consultants, networks).
- Coordinate with project teams in documentation of projects’ achievements
3.2 External Communications
- Assist in project special events together with the Communications officer and the Administrator.
- Support the Communications officer in the production of communications tools: video clips, leaflet, press release/ press kit, database.
- Support in organization of visits (of donors, home office personnel, other visitors) .
- Establish relationship and attends technical meetings with other NGOs and networks when appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other organizations and leverage resources
- Participate in developing long-range strategic goals and strategies consistent with the mission and capabilities of the Google Project.
- Report regularly to Project Manager and Deputy Director about project management matters.
- Implement project operating procedures together with project team members.
- Ensure compliance with YSTC policies and procedures
- Monitoring Project expenditure based on a clear project plan and applied all required Financial regulations (by donors and YSTC standards).
- Support Finances in payments procedure (verification, follow up).
- Participate in the controlling of the appropriateness and compliance of the program operations, narrative workplan, and budgets.
- Assisting the Project Director to develop quarterly/annually financial plan.
- Ensure timely delivery and monitoring of programme activities in accordance with program plans (for example, monitoring against log frames & BvAs, individual performance management work plans).
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for YSTC, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both verbal and written
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing teams in humanitarian response, preparedness including disaster risk reduction programming
- Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sector humanitarian response, including cash transfer programs
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an both national and international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge of Save the Children's global practices and procedures and ways of working with children
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of MEAL and beneficiary accountability
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Multi-site management experience
- Experience of delivering large scale institutional donor programmes (OFDA, DFID, ECHO, DEC)
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Media trained
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Information for internal candidates only:
Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on
INTERNAL APPLICANT : Click Here to Apply
External applicant: Click Here to Apply
Closing date for application is up to 19 September 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse