PARTNERSHIP SUPPORT OPERATION OFFICER - SPONSORSHIP
1 position based in Waikabubak, Sumba Barat
(Code :PSOO - SPONSORSHIP )
In 2018, Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik will strengthen our local partner capacity to implementing Sponsorship Program. The post holder is responsible to support Partner’s Finance Officer to ensure partner implement and undertake financial, accounting, cashiering and support for budgeting activities for programme/projects align with donor requirement and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s standard and responsible for the provision of effective logistic services at Sumba Field Office that include asset management, fleet management, warehouse management and procurement and also provide technical training ensure partner will maintaining efficient financial systems/ records and logistic procedure.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Partner Support Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Identify training needs of partner’s staff on financial and logistics management by evaluating strengths and weakness.
• Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans.
• Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results
• Deliver training courses as planned.
• Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques.
• Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes
• Provide monthly report
• Support Partner’s Finance officer to ensure financial, accounting and control activities in the Partner can run effectively, efficiently and with appropriate confidentiality.
• Ensure partners officer perform dissemination of SCI finance policies, procedures and guidelines to all Partner staff to ensure all staff understand and are updated with any changes of policies and procedures.
• Support Partner’s Finance officer in preparing required financial reports and logistic report for all related parties both internal and Save the Children, in order to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information.
• Support Partner’s Finance Officer during external audit activities and implement the auditor recommendations to ensure all financial and accounting activities are in line with the SCI policies and guidelines.
• Ensure partner’s Finances Officer to perform cash, bank and payment activities and to support payroll process in order to ensure the activities can support the programme operations effectively, efficiently and properly.
• Supports partner’s Finance officer to perform payroll/tax administration of partner office.
• Support partner’s Finance officer to develop budget management system and to support Partner Management in regular monitoring of budget vs actual expenditures.
• Monthly review of partner’s financial report to ensure align with YSTC regulation and validate the report before sign off by Partner Coordinator Unit.
• Ensure procurement process and logistic process align with YSTC Policy and Procedures
• Train and develop all partner logistic processes in relation to program requirements, including obtaining competitive bidding process, purchasing and delivering material.
• Support partner’s Logistic Officer to establish and maintain good contact with local suppliers on logistic matters.
• Support partner to manage procurement and storage, including stock records of all material transactions.
• Support partner to obtain quotations and conduct price comparison in order to get best deals.
• Develop and support Partner payment procedure.
• Develop and support partner procurement system established
• Support Partner’s staff to provide monthly procurement tracker as well as procurement plan.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Hold self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Hold the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Set ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), take responsibility for their own personal development and encourage others to do the same
• Widely share their personal vision for Save the Children, engage and motivate others
• Be future orientated, think strategically.
• Build and maintain effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
• Value diversity, see it as a source of competitive strength.
• Be approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develop, encourage, and document new and innovative solutions.
• Be willing to take disciplined risks.
• Be honest, encourage openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience Background:
• Bachelor degree in finance/accounting
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or related field with INGOs.
• Good understanding of development sector.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Good understanding of English.
• Good understanding in spreadsheet applications.
• Excellent understand of accounting / finance flows.
• Excellent knowledge of computer systems, software, networking and internet
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting
• Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
• Ability to master the full training cycle
• Good analytical skills.
• Good sense of prioritization.
• Conscious about meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work independently without considerable day-to-day support.
• Good team facilitator and member.
• Willingness to travel at times in difficult conditions.
• A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency.
• Low resistance to change.
• Concern for detail.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900007T&tz=GMT%2B07%3A00
Closing date for application is up to February 20th, 2019
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse