1 (one) position, based in Central West FO - Palu
The Field MEAL Coordinator will be responsible to ensure quality implementation of MEAL activities across all projects and themes in their respective areas for humanitarian response as well as development programming. She/He will work closely with the Field MEAL Manager to ensure that implementation of all MEAL activities and related outputs meet quality benchmarks, and to ensure the collection and consolidation of quality data at the area level for a wide range of purposes (e.g. Output tracker, distribution tracker, complaint and feedback mechanism, Country Annual Reports, knowledge management and learning, project design) and strategic decision making.
The post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organization are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Membership Accountability Framework.
The post holder will also be responsible and accountable to lead or contribute to the standards as noted in the Prospect Member Framework as follows:
- Contribute to developing high quality programs which are evidence based
- Contribute to effective advocacy for children at the international and national level
· Effectively support the successful pilot of the Prospect Member project in Indonesia
- The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the global KPIs on timely and quality reporting
Reports to: Senior Field Manager with strong technical coordination to Field MEAL Manager.
Staff directly reporting to this post: MEAL Officer,
Staff indirectly reporting to this post: Accountability Officer
Budget Responsibilities: n/a
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Lead and Coordinate Field-level MEAL activities
· Conduct a review or MEAL activities at the field level, assessing the strengths and gaps of the MEAL system and developing an Field MEAL improvement plan
· Coordinate all Field MEAL activities, ensuring effective and efficient design, planning and implementation of all MEAL related activities
· Undertake a Data Quality Audit of the Response-level Output Tracker and the grant-level Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTTs) that feed into it
· Share key information statistic in bi-weekly basis
· Analyzing quality programming by using Program quality Benchmark along with thematic advisor
· Technical line management of all MEAL officer and assistants in the area program, providing technical supervision, mentorship and guidance to their roles
· Facilitate strong cross-team and cross-departmental working relationships to ensure effective and efficient implementation of MEAL
Project Design and MEAL planning
· Provide technical support in the development of area logical frameworks and indicators during the project design process ensuring clarity of logic including appropriate key performance indicators
· Together with finance and project managers, ensure that appropriate resources for MEAL activities (e.g. evaluation & research, and learning agenda) are included in proposal development
· Ensure that Country office MEAL standards are integrated into the area and project MEAL plans
· Lead MEAL plan development to ensure buy in and understanding among project staffs and oversee its implementation
· Ensure implementation of area accountability activities across project including complaints and feedback mechanisms
Technical assistance and capacity building
· Directly providing or procuring MEAL technical support and advice to project teams as needed
· Support capacity development of MEAL staff, and maximizing their role as technical support providers to project team and implementing partners
· Working effectively with Palu Hub Office MEAL team, procuring technical support as needed to support program and advocacy efforts at the area level
· Initiate and coordinate capacity building activities for MEAL and key program staff including identifying external training opportunities, and organizing peer learning group
Research and Evaluation
· As appropriate, lead area and project level research and evaluation efforts, ensuring that quality standards are met and results are consolidated, regularly shared and utilized for decision making
· Working with IT and program staff to ensure all data/information gathered from evaluation research are stored and accessible
· Manage MEAL resources to ensure assessment, evaluation or research for development and humanitarian can be conducted in timely manner
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Coordinate with MEAL manager to provide data & information at field level
· Ensure that area and project leadership are supporting/championing knowledge sharing and learning
· Lead Field MEAL team in regularly gathering & updating key statistics at area level to inform programming and decision making
· Consolidate and analyze MEAL results across projects and area level and generate learning for better decision making by area management through quarterly learning activities
· Promote web based communication among area team, encouraging meaningful discussion on program learning related topics
· To lead data consolidation of CFM, analysis and sharing analysis result with area management
· Working closely with IT, Advocacy, and Fund Raising & communication to streamlined communication channel, and data storage and sharing
Brand and Reputation:
· Contribute to ensuring all project staff are aware and are actively involved in building and maintaining the brand in all project field sites and with all project external stakeholders including partners
Facilitating Transformational Change:
· In line with guidelines provided by ILT, lead in promoting an environment of continuous learning, where staff is encouraged and supported to grow and develop and are willing to be held accountable for their commitments.
Other Support as agreed with line manager
· The post holder may be required to lend support to activities beyond the scope of this job description. This will be discussed and mutually agreed with the line manager.
· Any other task & responsibilities given by the Supervisor and to comply with Save the Children and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external Partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social science or a related field such as international development, program evaluation, research methods, statistics, communication, or other relevant social science (Master degree is preferably)
- Minimum 3 years working experiences in the NGO with significant experience in emergency response
- Experience in knowledge management and learning related activities in development project
· Ability to manage team workplans in contexts where workload is high and priorities shift frequently
- Strong qualitative analytical skills, including experience using analytical software packages such as SPSS, NVivo etc. and able to write strong analytical reports.
· Experience in conducting research and evaluations in one of Save the Children technical areas (health, education child protection, child poverty and child rights
· Strong understanding of web based content management technologies, communication channel, and database management systems
- Knowledge of project management cycle and experience in project design and proposal development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Indonesian, strong English written and spoken skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Information for internal candidates only:
Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on
Internal applicant: here
External applicant: here
Closing date for application is up to 26 May 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse