MEAL (Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning ) OFFICER – NTB
1 position based in Mataram
(Code : MEAL - NTB )
Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik (Save the Children Indonesia) is changing for the better. We've begun to build a national organisation that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focusses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorised by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization.
Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership.
Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik is implementing TRANSISI and Response to Recovery Post Earthquake happened in Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) Province, especially to West Lombok and North lombok within the next several months and years. This post holder will work under the supervision of Field Manager NTB to ensure Program MEAL plan is available and align with program design, undertake Monitoring and Evaluation activities, ensure accountability mechanism system is developed and function. This post holder will also responsible for developing knowledge management system in NTB to capture learning from program implementation both for development, response and recovery phase.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: NTB Field Manager, with dotted line to Eastern Area MEAL Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: -
Role Dimensions: Participate in the development of annual/monthly work plans, ensure Program MEAL plan is available and align with program design, undertake Monitoring and Evaluation activities, ensure accountability mechanism system is developed and function. This post holder will also responsible for developing knowledge management system in NTB to capture learning from program implementation both for development, response and recovery phase. She/he will also identified gap and lesson learned, facilitating monitoring and evaluation support communications /monitoring and advocacy, and represent Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik to key local stakeholders.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program design and MEAL plan
• In coordination with Area MEAL Coordinator and MEAL Advisor at Country Office, develop program MEAL plan to ensure clarity of logic including appropriate key performance indicators
• Ensure alignment between MEAL Plan and program design both for Response, Recovery and Development phase
• Ensure integration between Country Office MEAL frameworks and program MEAL plan
• Support in developing QB with PDQ team for Health, Hygiene, and Nutrition both for Emergency and Development and others thematic program that still don’t have QB
Monitoring and Evaluation Activities
• Develop design, methodology, procedures and tools of monitoring and evaluation of programs both for Response, Recovery, and Development Phase in West Lombok District and North Lombok District – NTB Office.
• Lead IDELA (International Development Early Learning Assessment) assessment, Baseline, midterm review and endline of TRANSISI Project.
• Work together with program staff to regularly collect data/ information as outlined in the MEAL Plan both for Response, Recovery, and Development Phase in West Lombok District and North Lombok District – NTB Office
• Document all relevant data and information both quantitative and qualitative, store them and ensure data accessibility by relevant staffs.
• Ensure that all program staffs contribute to and assist in implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Work with program team to ensure implementation of program Quality Benchmark both for response, recovery and development
• Undertake regular data update of program processes and results including those achieved by partners.
• Analyse data/information and translate them into easy to read material for reports, studies, articles and presentations
• Provide program staff with required data and information related to each of thematic intervention.
• Support NTB Field Manager and Program Coordinators for dissemination of monitoring and evaluation results to donor and stakeholders
• Design and manage program feedback mechanism system for beneficiaries and stakeholders together with Program Coordinators and Field Manager and ensure that community affected by disaster are accommodated to give an input on before, during, and after the feedback mechanism system being developed.
• Compile feedbacks from beneficiaries and stakeholders and channel them onto the assigned staffs in NTB field office.
• Work with NTB field manager and Program Coordinators to facilitate joint monitoring with relevant stakeholders both in Province and District Level
• Ensure effective collaboration with related government officials and stakeholders in the implementation of MEAL activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Develop, implement and maintain an effective database to store relevant program data/information
• Provide regular program updates.
• Provide inputs for best practices and case studies development.
Program Implementation and Quality
• Ensure that the quality of MEAL framework of NTB Field Office is in line with SCI global program and donor requirements.
• Ensure that all information related to program activities are collected, recorded and updated periodically through MEAL tools and serve as the basis for analysis against the set KPI achievements.
• Provide clear technical MEAL support, direction and guidelines to other team members.
• Any other task & responsibilities given by the Supervisor and to comply with Save the Children and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and demonstrating Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities in a timely manner
• Supports the rigorous monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and external stakeholders including children, communities, teachers, principals, and relevant local government officials
• Values diversity
• Supports the achievement of project goals by working collaboratively with team member including occasionally taking on tasks outside of his/her job description
• Identifies, communicates, and pursues new and innovative solutions together with the team
• Honest, open, transparent, and demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience background
• Bachelor degree in relevant areas in social science or a related field (such as international development, program evaluation, research methods, statistics, communication, or other relevant social science).
• At least 2 years of working experience in MEAL related activities.
• Strong qualitative analytical skills, including experience using analytical software packages such as SPSS.
• Proven experience in research, monitoring and evaluation, accountability mechanism establishment, and knowledge management
• Ability to ride motorcycle and with appropriate license
Skills and Knowledge:
• Good knowledge of development issues
• Good communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
• Good organizational skills including report writing
• Computer literate
• Able to drive a motorcycle
• Able to work with minimum supervision with quality output.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
• Willingness to stay in remote location and travel at times in difficult conditions
• A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency
• Low resistance to change
• Concern for detail
• Excellent in social and interpersonal skill
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on https://stgstcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Closing date for application is up to February 19th, 2019
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse