Fundraising Database Officer
1(one) position based in Jakarta
Reporting to the Donor Retention Manager and working across the organisation, ensure donors information from all fundraising channel encode to donor’s database system, ensuring data management and ensure all payment of donor is deliver. This position also will ensure that business data is accurate, available and secure.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Donor Retention Manager
Number of direct reports: Database Assistant
Budget Responsibility: TBA
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Fundraising and Marketing
- Supervise daily encoding process all donor information to donor database system.
- Monitoring all information in donor form and ensure all the information correctly transfer to database
- Supervise process of preparing bank document for verfication process and working with other fundraising unit to collect quality donor information
- Work to streamline business operations by helping to reduce costs. Fundraising Admin and liaising with account managers from suppliers and partners (Fundraising partners’ agency/Call Centre/Banks/Donation Processing agencies).
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a database strategy and management
- Maintaining data standards and data protection management
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Controlling and creating access permissions and privileges.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- To create and manage any database imports and exports required for the successful management, recording and reporting of fundraising campaigns
- To manage all data processes related to working with our external agencyies
- Responsible for data process of the monthly debit, as and when required, to deliver debit files on time, to be able to conduct monthly debit, to fix any problems that may arise including reversing incorrect debits and resolving problems with online processing applications
- Assist the Donor Retention team with all aspects of the monthly debit, as and when required, to deliver debit files on time, to be able to conduct monthly debit, to fix any problems that may arise including reversing incorrect debits and resolving problems with online processing applications
- Provide training and helpdesk to fundraising team to improve the data processing and to document such procedures as requested
- Controlling codes and parameters of the database
- Liaison with fundraising staffs to determine data selection requirements for appeals and other related projects
- Liaison with fundraising partners (such as agency and bank) as the result to get effective working environment for Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik
- Other Related Responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- At least 2 years’ experience in database management and analysis of high volume and complex data sets
- Proven work experience as Database Administrative Officer or similar role.
- Attention to detail
- Experience how to input and extract data
- Experience manage query definition that allow data to be extracted.
- High Level of experience of a database query package.
- Experience in managing NGO donor database will be ad advantage
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Indonesian
- Time, task and record management skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to accurately analyse data and make decisions based on information
- Experience with Word or equivalent Open Office software
- Experience with Ms Excel or Open Office spread sheets
- Experience with Ms Access
- A desire to work with and understand the various needs of a fundraising team who need data insights in order to operate effectively
Contribute to the overall implementation of Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) within the response including ensuring CSP integration in all project activities including for target beneficiaries. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Any other task & responsibilities given by the Supervisor and to comply with Save the Children and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children International (SCI) Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Information for internal candidates only:
- Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
To apply for this position, please click the link HERE
Closing date for application is up to March 29th , 2019
Please visit us for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse