1 (one) position, based in Central Area-Bandung Field Office
As a member of the Program Development and Quality team, this Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) specialist is responsible for ensuring high quality, evidenced based, and innovative DRR programme that delivers immediate and lasting change for children in Indonesia and contribute to Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected. The post is also to ensure that disaster risk reduction and resilience building cut across all of Save the Children programming.
DRR Specialist will member of Central Indonesia Area PDQ Team and will provide technical assistance for key stakeholders, partners, community groups, and staffs in program at area and sub-national level program. S/He is responsible for ensuring high quality of DRR program implementation by ensuring best utilization of technical knowledge, designing and applying standardized trainings, lesson learned and best practices, as well as advocacy. S/He also develops program strategy to link school and community and collaborate with Government, especially Provincial Disaster Management Agency (BPBD), District Office of Education, District Office of Social Affairs and District and Provincial Office of Women Empowerment and Child Protection. S/He works with National Offices (NO) to provide technical guidance and support for DRR programming building on learning from existing internal and external good practice.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organization are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Membership Accountability Framework.
Minimum Bachelors University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years working experiences with preferably experiences on program development, monitoring and evaluation, policy research and advocacy in a given or broader field related to DRR
- Experience of developing and managing Disaster Preparedness, risk reduction or resilience-building programs in a developing country context
- Familiarity with Comprehensive School Safety Framework (di Indonesia: Sekolah/Madrasah/Satuan Pendidikan Aman Bencana)
- Considerable technical/professional knowledge within the areas of disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction and resilience
- Knowledge of project management cycle and experience in project design and proposal development
- Ability to manage and develop a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Indonesian, strong English written and spoken skills.
- Ability and willingness to be stationed in Bandung with frequent travel to field locations.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and other project documents in Indonesian and English
- Flexible and organized approach to handling a varying workload
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on
Closing date for application is up to 26 May 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse