CONSTRUCTION & SHELTER MANAGER
2 positions, based in Central Sulawesi
Code : CSM-ER
The wild earthquake occurred in September 28, 2018 Friday was responsible for loosing hundreds of lives and damaging of thousands of houses and infrastructures. Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik (YSTC) responded with in 72 hours to provide basic needs in affected areas despite of many challenges on transportation. YSTC is working very closely with Government, humanitarian partners and Local community to provide integrated support such as Non Food Items and Shelter, water sanitation and hygiene promotion (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Child protection, Education and Nutrition.
YSTC aims to establish hundreds of Temporary Learning Spaces (TLS) and Child Friendly Spaces (CFS) within project area in close coordination Government, humanitarian partners, school management committee (SMC) and other stakeholders. YSTC is also supporting earthquake affected families to construct transitional shelters through owner driven approach.
This position is expected to lead Shelter and construction programme in field office either in Palu or Northen Dongola. Shelter and Construction Manager aims to work very closely with internal and external stakeholders for maintaining high level of coordination and program integration. S/he needs to manage shelter and construction team members to ensure high level of community engagement.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Field Manager Central Sulawesi
Direct reports: Construction / Shelter Coordinators
Budget Responsibility : -
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Shelter and Construction Manager is overall responsible for managing Shelter program and construction related activities in each field offices.
· Lead on need assessment process to identify infrastructure need in the community in close coordination with sectoral lead.
· Implement shelter program and construction activities as per agreed standard operating procedure (SOPs) .
· Actively involve on conduction of feasibility survey, preparing Design and Bill of Quantity (BOQ), work schedule and quality checklist for infrastructure activities.
· Prepare tender documents, support to identify competitive and qualified contractors and suppliers as per SCI procurement policy.
· Prepare project completion report (PCR) and handover the completed structures to program team.
· Provide oversight for the distribution of programme materials including the set-up process for distribution sites, ensuring that distributions are carried out in a timely and efficient manner and that the sites selected for distribution are safe and accessible for the beneficiaries, included the ones at risk of exclusion (lactating and pregnant women, children headed household, people with disabilities, etc.).
· Ensure programmes accountability through implementation of YSTC policies and procedures and reporting in line with YSTC and donor requirements including programme quality monitoring and evaluation.
· Ensure regular review and impact monitoring to ensure that response is appropriate and effective, in line with YSTC accountability commitments to beneficiaries.
Human Resource Mobilisation:
· Prepare Human Resource plan and submit Personnel Action Form (PAF) for staff recruitment.
· Work very closely with HR team to recruit, mobilise and capacitate staffs.
· Check program budget, codes and monthly burn rate (BVA)
· Ensure all payments are done and charged in respective budget line
· Review and approve documents as per scheme of delegation (SOD)
· Ensure all payments and request are done as per YSTC financial policy
· Prepare daily and weekly progress report in consultation with team.
· Support to prepare project completion report (PCR) – scheme wise
· Support project team to compile scheme wise progress.
· Support to update construction tracker.
Other technical works:
· Maintain high level technical work.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Hold self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Hold the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Set ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), take responsibility for their own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
· Widely share their personal vision for Save the Children, engage and motivate others.
· Be future orientated, think strategically.
· Build and maintain effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
· Value diversity, see it as a source of competitive strength.
· Be approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develop, encourage, and document new and innovative solutions.
· Be willing to take disciplined risks.
Be honest, encourage openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
· Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture, Engineering Management, Construction Management with 5 years’ experience in related field .
· Knowledge on handling AutoCAD, SAP, MS word and excel.
· High skill on preparing Bill of Quantity (BOQ), cost estimate and work schedule.
· High level of skill on project management.
· Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
· Masters in Civil Engineering/Architecture, Engineering Management, Construction Management etc.
· 1-2 years of Experience in related work.
· Having Knowledge on community based approach.
Contribute to the overall implementation of Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) within the response including ensuring CSP integration in all project activities including for target beneficiaries. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Any other task & responsibilities given by the Supervisor and to comply with Save the Children and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children International (SCI) Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Information for internal candidates only:
- Current Save the Children employees must serve for a minimum of one year in their current job before applying for a new position.
- Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to [email protected]
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: < CSM-ER ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 19 November 2018
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit us for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse