Child Protection Specialist - Kupang
1(one) position in Kupang, Nusa Tenggara Timur
The Child Protection Specialist will provide technical support in the area of Child Protection for School for Change Program team and other projects in Eastern Area, governmental and non-governmental partners to ensure that children in Kupang district are protected and feel safe in a quality learning environment and at the community. The Specialist will also provide capacity building (such as training, mentoring, advice and monitoring), documentation, and opportunities for sharing and learning.
The post holder will contribute on achievement of the global KPIs on Operations Delivery, and contribute to achievement of global KPI’ as follows:
· Awards management
· Global Management Indicators
· Humanitarian and Emergency Response
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: PDQ Manager
Number of direct reports: None
Dimensions : Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik partner of Save the Children is implementing some education programs in Timor island, NTT for several years, through various funding support. The Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support for School for Change project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of Child Protection components within Basic Education program and activities. It includes systems of quality control, monitoring and evaluation and integration with other programs implemented at Kupang Field Office and other field offices in Eastern Indonesia Area.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Technical Capacity Building and Support
· Provide technical assistance and technical direction for School for Change program implementation to ensure that all program activities align with project and research documents and meeting quality standard
· Work closely with School for Change teams, School for Change Program Manager, National Child Protection Advisor, National Basic Education Advisor, Area Education and International Technical Advisor to provide technical guidance, developing technical content that align with linked project documents including learning agenda as well as research question
· Support capacity building of School for Change staffs, other project staff in Eastern Indonesia Area that implement Child Protection within Basic Education projects and other partners. This includes supporting the organization of training sessions and sharing latest technical Child Protection evidence.
· Support the integration of Child Protection interventions within School for Change annual plans and budget
· Provide technical advice on Child Protection activities at intervention schools as requested by School for Change Program and other Basic Education Projects in Eastern Indonesia.
· Support the local government in sustainability plan and strategizing for Positive Discipline activities.
· Identify areas in which School for Change Program, the local government and related stakeholders can collaborate to strengthen Child Protection/ Basic Education program in Kupang district and other field offices in the Eastern Area.
· Provide capacity building and technical support for Implementing Partner in the area of Child Protection to ensure that partners have capacity to implement Child Protection element in School for Change targeted area.
Coordination, communication and advocacy
· Support the documentation and reporting on the status of Child Protectionin Indonesia and provide technical input into the development of Child Protectionprogram Implementation Plan.
· Provide technical input in the development and production of advocacy and communications materials for promoting quality basic education through a save learning environment, documenting good practice and learning from research schools.
· Sensitize key decision-makers and stakeholders about Child Protectionbased on the gathered research evidence
· Organize consultative and planning meetings
· Develop close working relationships with all Child Protectionprimary stakeholders – internal stakeholders, the national and local governments, donor, and other parties required to establish a shared vision on Child Protectionto achieve the project Implementation Plan
· Work closely with Technical Program Manager and Advocacy Coordinator to initiate and establish Ending Violence Against Children (EVAC) alliance and provide capacity building for the alliance.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
· Conduct regular visits to program implementation areas, gather learning and feedback to inform discourse and plans for School for Change Program team, the local government and related stakeholders
· Provide technical input for the monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection program Implementation Plan.
· Document lessons learned and ensure learning is shared across Child Protection networks in the area.
· Provide technical input for local government and related stakeholders to track and measure Child Protection indicators as per Child ProtectionImplementation Plan
· Carry out Child Protection quality assurance visits at School for Change Program areas in Kupang district to ensure Child Protection minimum standards are being followed and advise where changes on the standards need to be made
· Provide technical assistance on Child Protection and actively participate in yearly basic education program assessments or research on learning agenda.
· Actively contribute to the development of School for Change Annual Report.
Child Safeguarding (CSG)
· Comply with CSG and Support School for Change Program in ensuring Child Safeguarding is considered and addressed throughout services delivery
· Carry out sample of Child Safeguarding risk assessments on services and advise School for Change program on findings during program delivery.
· Work with other CSG focal person in Kupang field office in recording, responding CSG cases and follow them up properly based on SCG workflow.
· Participate the Indonesia Emergency Response Team and respond on emergencies in Eastern Indonesia Area in line with global SCI emergency policies.
Brand and Reputation:
· Contribute to ensuring awareness and involvement in building and maintaining the brand in all project field sites and with all project external stakeholders including partners.
Facilitating Transformational Change:
· Contribute in promoting an environment of continuous learning, where staff is encouraged and supported to grow and develop and are willing to be held accountable for their commitments.
· Promote culture of high performance through implementing necessary processes to measure performance against key indicators at field office level.
Growth, Impact and Development:
· Contribute to the implementation and integration of quality humanitarian and development programmes, including allocation of resources and ensuring that appropriate controls are maintained at all levels.
Collaborate and participate to measure organizational performance against strategic goals and anticipated outcomes
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and experience background
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or community development or any relevant advanced degree preferred. Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree
· A minimum of 3-5 years of working experience as Child Protection specialist or leading the development and implementation of Child Protection program
· Relevant experiences to Basic Education programs is highly expected
· Experience working with International NGO
· Having experience working with Community Development
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of pedagogy and andragogy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Proven skills in program development and report writing
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking
- Proven advocacy skills
- Good team facilitator and member
- Willingness to stay in remote location and travel at times in difficult conditions
- A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency
- Low resistance to change
- Concern for detail
Contribute to the overall implementation of Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) within the response including ensuring CSP integration in all project activities including for target beneficiaries. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Any other task & responsibilities given by the Supervisor and to comply with Save the Children and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children International (SCI) Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Information for internal candidates only:
- Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on https://stgstcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Closing date for application is up to February 18th, 2019
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir