ADMIN & LOGISTIC OFFICER – COCOA LIFE
1 position, based in Lampung
Code : ALO-CL
The Admin and Logistic Officer is accountable to the Project Coordinator and also Support Services for the provision of effective logistic services which include asset management, fleet management, warehouse management, procurement in both emergencies and development programming contexts in the program area of Cocoa Life in Pringsewu, Pesawaran, Tanggamus Districts and other program in Lampung Office.
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: 1 Driver and 2 Office Helpers
Other Reporting and Coordination Responsibilities: The Officer is expected to work in close cooperation with field based logistic staff and other relevant Save the Children staff outside the country.
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure timely and accurate payment for vendors, service providers including utilities payment for both office and houses.
- Ensure the office, asset and vehicle are well maintained to comply with safety regulation
- Ensure adequate vehicle insurance coverage and timely registration and permit
- Ensure that all procurement is done in an appropriate, efficiently, timely and transparent manner as per Save the Children International Policies and procedures and internal audit requirements.
- Ensure centralized asset register, warehouse stock, vendor list are well maintained and updated.
- Ensure efficient supply chain planning (plan, source, transport, store and dispatch)
- Ensure that efficient, cost effective fleet management are in place and in compliance with SCI standards
- Build the capacity and train the logistics staff in all necessary systems including procurement, warehousing, asset management and fleet management.
- Ensure adequate of office and vehicle supplies
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development – Support Services
· Ensure that all logistic staff understand and are able to perform their roles in an emergency,
· Manage logistic team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly,
· Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff,
· Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management System into team building process. Establish result based system and follow up,
· Manage the performance of all staff in the Logistic work area through:
ü Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
ü Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
ü Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
ü Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Takes responsibility for decision-making and efficient resource management, and holds team and partners accountable for delivery of their responsibilities by delegating effectively, affording staff professional autonomy, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
· Creates a managerial environment across the Country Programme to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development, and encourages team to do the same;
· Engages and motivates others by widely sharing their personal vision for Save the Children;
· Future orientated, strategic and global thinker.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, members, donors and partners;
· Values diversity as a source of competitive strength;
· Approachable, diplomatic, and supportive, with well-developed listening skills.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions both on a personal level and by building and leading teams willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honesty, openness, and transparency;
· A strong commitment to Save the Children’s vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years of experience in a corporate or an NGO environment
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate the team with strong personal value systems
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Working experience in Lampung is preferred.
- Team building skills
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of SC
- Experience of exposure to developing countries
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik
Information for internal candidates only:
· Current Save the Children employees must serve for a minimum of one year in their current job before applying for a new position.
· Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <ALO-CL ><your name>
Please complete YSTC Application Form which can be downloaded here before the deadline.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to [email protected]
Closing date for application is up to 19 October 2017
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
http://indonesia.savethechildren.net/jobs and/or: www.stc.or.id
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse