PROGRAM MANAGER HEAL - JAKARTA
LOCATION: Bandung or Jakarta (Area Office based with frequent travel to the project sites)
Save the Children (SC) and its partners, Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI) and TIFA Foundation (TIFA) seek to support the government to protect and promote the human rights of vulnerable groups in response to the impact of COVID-19 in the provinces of West Nusa Tenggara and East Java; through the implementation of HEAL Project (Promote Human rights and Equality to Achieve Sustainability). The project aims to protect and promote the human rights of vulnerable groups in response to the impact of COVID-19; particularly to ensure the rights of vulnerable groups, including children, in West Nusa Tenggara and East Java, are better protected and their rights to government social protection are strengthened.
The post holder will lead the overall programme implementation of HEAL Project. S/he will oversee will be based in either Bandung Field Office or Jakarta. Programme implementation duties includes; ensuring all programme activities are implemented according to the work-plan and at a high-level of quality, all reporting and planning is completed in a timely manner and at a high-quality, all communications are completed in a timely and accurate manner, coordinate well with key external stakeholders and the implementing partners (YLBHI and TIFA Foundation); all child safeguarding controls are enforced; and financial and administrative management adheres to Save the Children and donors policies, regulations, and good practices. The Programme Manager will also lead on technical sector planning in its operations and ensure we advocate with key relevant government stakeholders from local to national level; to achieve positive changes using evidence from our works as the basis. S/he will represent Save the Children in both project sites of West Nusa Tenggara and East Java, particularly on Democracy and Human Rights issues; and when required supporting programme development and emergency preparedness and response. The position will requires travel to field locations and support for hosting donor visits.
The post holder is a member of the Extended Management Team (EMT), may be invited to lead or participate in cross functional groups and will participate in EMT meetings as planned. In line with guidance provided by ILT, the post holder will contribute to building the most positive and affirming work environment possible and promoting culture of the organization that is aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Membership Accountability Framework.
The post holder will also contribute to the standards as noted in the Associate Member Strategy as follows:
- Responsible/Support on-going development and emergency programming of the existing portfolio in Indonesia with focus on Education and Child Protection in order to achieve ambitious breakthroughs for children,
- Ensuring continued development & management of a high performing programme team.
- Contributing to the development of strong partnerships.
- Contribute to effective advocacy for children and collaborate with other departments to implement advocacy initiatives that support the theory of change.
- Helping to build a strong brand for the organization by ensuring compliance with global brand procedures and awareness of brand in local market.
- Contribute to ensuring financial sustainability and growth orientation in the funding portfolio
The post holder will contribute on achievement of the global KPIs on Operations Delivery, and contribute to achievement of global KPI’ as follows:
- Financial performance against forecast (BVA) (KPI01)
- Underspend on FS Commitment (KPI02)
- NCE Proportion (KPI03)
- Supply Chain Efficiency (KPI04)
- Purchasing Efficiency (KPI05)
- Contribute to Awards Management
- Awards close out actions completed on time (KPI09)
- On-time reporting (Member) and quality of reporting (MI06)
- On-time reporting (Donor) and outstanding reports (MI07)
- Contribute to compliance to security standard (KPI12)
- Road safety indicator (MI15)
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Bachelor’s degree in social science or other relevant study; and Master’s degree linked to health and nutrition is desirable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 7 years technical working experiences on relevant context including 3 years’ experiences on project/programme management roles
- Solid knowledge and experiences in promoting democracy and human rights; particularly in the area of child rights programming and child rights governance
- Solid project management skills related to international development project with a proven history of delivering results
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in speaking & writing in English
- Demonstrate skill on presentation and ability to write high quality report and other project documents in Indonesian and English
- Experience working with human rights defender, minority beliefs group, village government on village fund
- Experience in managing projects funded by institutional donors, particularly EU is an advantage
Understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing date for application is up to 27 January, 2021
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/karir
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse