Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager for BISA Project
1 (One) position based in Jakarta
BISA project description
BISA - Better Investment for Stunting Alleviation - is an integrated nutrition-specific and nutrition sensitive project designed jointly by Save the Children (SC) and Nutrition International to be implemented within five years period (June 2019 to June 2024) with a total investment US $10 million. The goal of BISA is to reduce stunting by improving the nutritional status of adolescent girls, women of reproductive age, and children under the age of two (CU2) across two Provinces, East Nusa Tenggara and West Java. To pursue this goal, BISA project designs three Strategic Objectives (SO) to support the Government of Indonesia (GOI) to reduce stunting, including:
- Introducing a social and behavior change communication (SBCC) plan focused on improved maternal, adolescent, infant, and young child nutrition (MAIYCN) and water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) practices.
- Improving nutrition services particularly access to and use of weekly iron folic acid (WIFA) for adolescent girls, delivery of iron folic acid (IFA) for pregnant adolescents girls and women, and Vitamin A Supplementation, zinc and ORS for children under five, and counselling for pregnant and lactating women (PLW), pregnant and lactating adolescent girls (PLAG) and caregivers of children under two.
- Improving allocation and effective use of funding and human resources for nutrition at provincial, district and village levels.
BISA aims to be an evidence and learning-generating project to provide decision-makers at different level the information they need to identify the needs, plan for actions, deliver services, and create supporting environment for a high-impact and sustainable nutrition programs. To fulfil this aim, BISA has developed the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Framework and now seeking to hire a person with MEAL skills, experiences and meet the following qualification.
The MEAL Manager under the supervision of the COP and direct Technical Supervision of the Meal Advisor will be responsible to look after all project activities.
- S/he is responsible to provide timely progress updates of Project to BISA leadership.
- As a member of the BISA project team and part of Program Impact and Policy Department at National Office, S/he will provide strategic leadership and technical management to ensure optimal implementation of Project Management Plan and MEAL Framework.
- This position will lead all MEAL key activities, including the conduct of a critical and in-depth monitoring process to make sure all project activities are in the right way and performing according to the parameters set in the project.
- S/he will develop a participatory monitoring and evaluation tools for all on-going activities for BISA Project.
- Ensure robust and integrated data collection and information management system to maintain key project’s high-quality data are available in time, support learning process and evidence generating throughout the life of the Project, and responsible to produce report (quarterly, biannually, and annual).
- Moreover, She/he will be the Project focal person for all MEAL and responsible to maintain communication and sharing with MEAL team at Save the Children (MEAL officer and Head of MEAL) as well as with implementing partner and relevant stakeholders (e.g., local government offices, civil society organization, universities or institutions).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree public health, social science, management or other relevant statistic areas.
- 10 + years working experiences in the NGO, university or government, private with significant experience in knowledge management and learning related activities
- 6+ years of experiences in monitoring, evaluation, research, and reporting.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, including experience using analytical software packages such as SPSS, NVivo etc.
- Strong understanding of data management systems, information management system, including web-based content management technologies and communication channel.
- Knowledgeable in project management cycle and experience in project design and proposal development
- Solid experience monitoring and producing high quality report of development projects (Example of his/her English report should be submitted when applying on this position)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; strong English written and spoken skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on
click here for external canidadate
Closing date for application is up to Jun 2nd, 2020
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse